How do I place a hold?
- Login to the RSACat catalog using your library barcode and PIN (password).
- Search the catalog for the material in which you are interested. The search results page will appear.
- Click on a blue Details button or the item title to display more information about the item you selected.
- On the Item Details screen, click on the Place Hold link.
- On the Place Hold screen, you can:
- Click on the Place Hold button to complete your hold.
- You will see a message if your hold is successfully placed or a notification if the hold is not allowed. Not all items are eligible for holds.
Can I get items from other libraries?
Yes! For items it does not own, the library cooperates and shares materials with area libraries to get you the items you want and need. To receive materials from other libraries, search the catalogs of all participating libraries and place a hold as you would for items owned by Brown County Public Library.
How long are reserved items held?
Items will be held for 10 days.